Take a moment at the start of each day to contemplate on how you would like to spend your day. The seeds of positive intentions that you plant in your consciousness in the morning may ripen to positive outcomes in your life.
Here are some questions/points to ponder each morning:
- How will you allocate time today to your activities?
- Would you like to have a day filled with intentional and planned activities, or would the day be another day spent reacting to things and situations?
- How much time have you allocated for meaningful activities?
- Make a commitment to be present in your activities today, and take some mental notes of the states of mind that you experience through the day
- positive mental state of mind (happiness, joy, peace…. )
- negative mental state of mind (irritation, anger, jealousy… )
- times when you catch yourself just ‘mindlessly’ doing and not ‘present’ in the activity
- Make a commitment to positively impact not only yourself, but to those around you, your family, your friends, and even strangers that you may meet. Try sharing a smile or two. It feels good!
Even 5-10 minutes of time spent mentally setting your intentions will deliver tremendous rewards. Visualize a meaningful day ahead of you. Enjoy.